What are the Benefits?
- Goal setting – the test has to be taken without treats and tools so it helps to start fading out these items!
- A stepping stone to bigger things – passing it can lead to performance and working events once your dog knows the basics.
- Better insurance rates and housing options – help to improve the odds. It can help show landlords and insurance companies that your dog is manner.
- Keeping your standards high – it’s easy to let old behaviors start to creep back in after the training program; utilizing the CGC test every year or two can help you maintain your standards with your dog.
- Setting a good example – you are setting your dog up as an example for other pet owners to strive for. It’s well known among trainers but not so much with the public. Bringing awareness to it also brings awareness to the importance of training your dog.
What’s On The Test?
- Accepting a friendly stranger
- Sitting politely for petting
- Appearance and grooming
- Out for a walk
- Walking through a crowd
- Sit and down on cue / Staying in place
- Coming when called
- Reaction to another dog
- Reaction to distractions
- Supervised Separation
- Looking to make your dog a service or therapy dog? The CGC Test is a mandatory requirement in the certification process for Therapy and Service dogs because you are teaching them basic obedience and commands needed in everyday life situations.
- CCC allows us to evaluate the team! The CGC Test doesn’t just evaluate your dog’s basic obedience and manners but also evaluates the handler and if they have the ability to direct and engage their dog in all required tasks.
Consultation - $125.00
Meet the handler, observe what your dog is already capable of doing, and discuss behavioral items and temperament.
Temperament Test - $50.00
Important for understanding and evaluating your dog’s behavioral responses and reactions in different situations.
CGC Test Evaluation - $20.00
1 Test Attempt. This price DOES NOT include the $20.00 processing fee sent to AKC with your test scores after passing.
CGC Prep Program - $500.00
Four (4) 1:1 lessons and 2 CGC Test attempts. MUST have done ad lesson or Board and Train Progrma through Harmony Dog Training within the last year and take a temperament test first before the beginning of the program.